Forever Focused, Always Prepared
Copeland Richards’ Litigation attorneys are known for their innovative litigation strategies, developed over the years by focusing on the kind of trial preparation that really counts: investigation and discovery designed to get to the heart of even the most complex cases. Our Litigation team regularly tries cases and handles appeals in state and federal courts and in administrative forums across a broad range of substantive areas, including:
- Antitrust and Trade Regulation
- Civil No Contact and Restraining Orders
- Constitutional Rights
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Creditor/Debtor Disputes
- Dealership and Franchise
- Dram Shop/Alcohol Liability
- Employment and Labor
- Estate Disputes/Will Contests/Caveats
- Federal Litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Land Use
- Lease Disputes (commercial and residential)
- Motor Vehicle/Lemon Law
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Probate and Trust Disputes
- Product Liability
- Professional Ethics
- Real Estate
- Shareholders’ Rights
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
We represent a variety of clients, including insurance companies, businesses, individuals and governments. Types of clients for whom we have handled litigation include:
- National and North Carolina corporations
- Shareholders of closely-held companies in instances of alleged shareholder oppression
- Business owners seeking to enforce noncompete agreements.
- Contractors, Subcontractors, Suppliers and Owners involved in various construction disputes
- Individuals accused of misappropriating trade secrets
- Individuals and their estates injured or killed in serious accidents
When you turn to Copeland Richards, you can be confident that we’re ready for the courtroom. But our main goal is to work closely with clients to end litigation on favorable terms as quickly as possible. We are committed to minimizing the disruptions of litigation by planning ahead, keeping our clients informed, and maintaining a sense of perspective.
A few of our success stories:
- Dismissal of a case by the court in a summary judgment case in which the plaintiffs alleged various legal theories including fraud.
- Successful defense in the trial court of a multi-million dollar claim against an individual in a contract default case.
- Settling through mediation, on terms very favorable to our client, hundreds of disputes.
- Prevailing on summary judgment on a specific performance case relating to the sale of a home.