Experience, Knowledge, and Expertise
Copeland Richards’ Real Estate attorneys combine an extensive knowledge of today’s real estate market with a high level of proficiency in secured transactions and bankruptcy to provide effective counsel to commercial and residential real estate clients. That’s why leaders in business, government, the community, and the legal profession turn to us for assistance with their real estate needs, including:
- Negotiation of commercial leases
- Sale, purchase, and development of commercial and residential property, including drafting and negotiation of offers to purchase and construction contracts and advising on environmental problems and risks
- Negotiations with lenders and borrowers to develop workouts on troubled loans and ensure perfection on liens and security interests
- Formation of condominium associations and representation of their interests regarding such matters as insurance questions and governance
- Construction and permanent financing
- Commercial property sale, purchase, and development transactions
- Residential sale and purchase transactions
- Assistance with land use, water, air, timber, mining, mineral rights, and wetlands considerations in real estate transactions
- Tax issues
- Commercial foreclosures
- Litigation involving a wide range of real estate issues, such as fraudulent conveyances, partition actions, condemnation proceedings, and challenges to brokerage agreements
- Construction liens (private and public projects)
Our Real Estate Team offers commercial real estate transaction and litigation services to owners, tenants, contractors, architects, engineers, title companies, developers, and financial institutions. We also assist individuals in residential real estate matters.
A few examples of how we have put our real estate experience to work:
- Successfully facilitated substantial loans for a variety of commercial projects, including a medical center, shopping centers, and manufacturing facilities.
- Successfully represented countless clients in commercial and residential real estate conveyances.
- Effectively represented development companies in the acquisition and financing of numerous properties.